Hello!

New on the forum? Please, introduce yourself
Présentation des nouveaux inscrits sur le Forum
Thilo Bauer

Hello!

Post by Thilo Bauer »

Hello forum,

My name is Thilo Bauer. I'm interested in spectroscopy since years, but paused for many years. There is some earlier experience in spectroscopy. In 1992 working to create the REVRAVEL reversion radial velocity spectrograph at the Hoher List observatory (formerly part of the University of Bonn). The REVRAVEL was invented by Prof. E. Geyer at the Hoher List observatory.

I'm no longer doing professional astronomy since this time, but started to continue as an amateur 8 years ago. I just started taking first spectra with the Alpy 600 mounted on my Vixen VC100L 8" telescope.

My special interests are photometry of open stellar clusters, properties of (variable) stars and radial velocities.

Thilo
Robin Leadbeater

Re: Hello!

Post by Robin Leadbeater »

Hello Thilo, and welcome to the group !

It sounds like your professional experience could be very useful. I am looking forward to seeing your results.

Best wishes
Robin
LHIRES III #29 ATIK314 ALPY 600/200 ATIK428 Star Analyser 100/200 C11 EQ6
http://www.threehillsobservatory.co.uk
Thilo Bauer

Re: Hello!

Post by Thilo Bauer »

Hello Robin,

Its too long time to speak about "experience". Obviously, it helped to get the spectrograph fast enough to the telescope and working to obtain first spectra from bright stars. The modern technology helps a lot. Anyway, the rest of the astrophysics must be relearned. :roll: