Hello from Reading Berkshire.

New on the forum? Please, introduce yourself
Présentation des nouveaux inscrits sur le Forum
Alun Halsey

Hello from Reading Berkshire.

Post by Alun Halsey »

Hi,

I live in Reading Berkshire in the UK.
I became interested in astronomy back in 1969 at the age of nine when Apollo 11 landed on the Moon. Left school and started working as a postman and due to shift work the hobby took a back seat for 20 years but got back into the hobby in August 1999. Main interest was imaging,first off using 35mm film then moved to CCD. Obtained a Star Analyser 100 when it first came out and dabbled for a while but astrophotography was still my thing until about two year ago I got bored with just taking pictures and wanted a subject to make me think. So regardless of not having any scientific background and not that good with math spectroscopy became that subject and after attempting to build my own spectroscopes and failing I treated myself to an ALPY 600 and then just recently an Lhires III. Have a roll off roof observatory housing a SkyWatcher EQ6 pro on a pier,C9.25 SCT, computer controlled using EQMOD,Cartes Du Ciel and PHD2 for guiding duties. Also have a SkyWatcher Esprit 150ED APO (f7) for use with the ALPY. Took early retirement three year ago so now spend 24/7 on my astronomy :D Have learnt a lot from this Forum and hope to contribute to it in the very near future.

Best Regards

Alun
LHires III + SX Trius pro 694,ALPY 600 + SX Trius pro 825,Star analyser 100,C9.25,Esprit 150 ED Apo, Evostar 72ED with Sol'Ex SHG. Mesu 200 Mk1
Francois Teyssier

Re: Hello from Reading Berkshire.

Post by Francois Teyssier »

Dear Alun,
You're welcome
Good equipment for serious work
Looking forward to you results

All the best

François Teyssier