Hi everyone! From Sao Paulo, Brazil

New on the forum? Please, introduce yourself
Présentation des nouveaux inscrits sur le Forum
J Labadie Bartz

Hi everyone! From Sao Paulo, Brazil

Post by J Labadie Bartz »

Hi everyone,

My name is Jonathan Labadie-Bartz and I am currently working as a postdoc at the University of Sao Paulo studying Be stars and their disks. My PhD thesis was also focused on Be star variability, and this is a topic I have been interested in for many years now. Although I have largely used photometry to study Be stars, I don't need to tell you the importance of Be star spectra in studying these objects!

One of my main interests right now is organizing spectroscopic observations of optimal Be stars in the northern (ecliptic) hemisphere simultaneous with the NASA TESS photometric satellite mission over the next ~year. TESS has super high photometric precision, and in the Be stars it has already observed we can see what is likely the photometric imprint of mass ejection events and disk build-up in some of the stars. Since TESS observes a given field for only one month at a time, it is important to be strategic about which stars to observe with spectroscopy to maximize the scientific relevance.

Unlike many of you I do not have a telescope or spectrograph, but I apply for telescope time when I can and do some observations this way. I hope to learn from the group some aspects of practical spec. observing, and to learn new things about Be stars by attempting to observe variability in the inner disk correlated with mass ejection from the star on short timescales.

-Jon
Robin Leadbeater

Re: Hi everyone! From Sao Paulo, Brazil

Post by Robin Leadbeater »

Welcome Jon,

I started a thread on TESS Be spectra here
http://www.spectro-aras.com/forum/viewt ... =14&t=2382

Cheers
Robin
LHIRES III #29 ATIK314 ALPY 600/200 ATIK428 Star Analyser 100/200 C11 EQ6
http://www.threehillsobservatory.co.uk
Valerie Desnoux

Re: Hi everyone! From Sao Paulo, Brazil

Post by Valerie Desnoux »

Hi John

We are very happy to have you on board and proposing strategic and impactfull observations !

Valerie