Thierry Lemoult

New on the forum? Please, introduce yourself
Présentation des nouveaux inscrits sur le Forum
Thierry Lemoult

Thierry Lemoult

Post by Thierry Lemoult »

I'am 37 year old. I live in the suburb of Paris.

As a child, i build a refractor with lenses found in a old boxes... Some strange view on the moon.
At 12 years old, someone give me a 10-20x 50 binucular. Alone, i rediscover Jupiter and these satellite.

I made studies as a gradated teacher for electrical engineer. I like electronics, physics and optic.

My first telescope was a 115/900 at university. I did some astrophotography and quickcam NB picture of moon.
Later in 1996, i buy a 8 inch telescop VC200L on GP mount. I did my own electronic drive, to have goto functionnality and PEC.
In 2000, i decided to studies astrophysics. I obtain a "DEA" at paris Meudon. Very interresting year of astronomy.
Finaly, I decided to keep astronomy as a hobby.
I build various spectrograph. LORIS like, fiber injection test.. It was only instrumental test. No real science was come out.

in 2002, i fund a start up for devellopment of carsharing technolgies. It was a 7 years with no time for astronomy. Just visual astronomy during the summer holidays.
In 2009, i sell the startup and became a employee of Hertz Compagny.
I buy a house with a small garden in Paris suburb. I install a small observatory in my garden.
Now, i own a 13cm refractor, a LHIRES III + ATIK314L+ and lodestar for guiding.
I participated to the OHP workshop 2011. Thanks to the help of many people, i finaly send some spectra of Be star to Bees database.
I plan to be active of spectroscopy now...