Andrew Smith

New on the forum? Please, introduce yourself
Présentation des nouveaux inscrits sur le Forum
Andrew Smith

Andrew Smith

Post by Andrew Smith »

Hi – I am Andrew Smith and fast approaching 60. Having retired I now have time to implement all those astronomy projects I bought bits for but never had the time to do. I have recently built an Imaging Low Resolution (R~200) Spectrograph which allow imaging, photometry and long slit & slitless spectroscopy in one instrument. It has now had its first set of trials and I am now going to make the final modifications before real use.

I have a doctorate in physics which centered on Raman Spectroscopy with a room sized triple grating monochrometer and a photomultiplier tube. Somewhat to heavy for an amateur telescope!

I have been interested in astronomy most of my life and think it is the most rewarding of hobbies as one can enjoy the science, make observations and play with the kit (I do this too much).

My spectro kit is based round a 300mm F5.4 Newtonian and the spectrograph I have just made. I also have a Lhires III but I did not find it went well with my telescope using a Barlow. I plan to try it with my OMC 200 (200mm F20) to do helio-spectroscopy.

Best wishes Andrew