PlotSpectra V1.0.2.1

Design, construction, tuning of spectroscopes
Information and discussion about softwares (telescope remote, autoguiding, acquisition, spectral processing ...)
Tim Lester

PlotSpectra V1.0.2.1

Post by Tim Lester »

I have uploaded a new version of PlotSpectra (at: http://www3.bell.net/dclark.tlester)
Version 1.0.2.1:
- fixes a number of minor bugs.
- makes the "Series dialog" resizable (so that you can see the whole fit header).
- adds a "Thick line" option to the "Setup" menu.
- adds a "Print" menu item under "File" that sends high quality graphs to a printer. A PDF page can be generated by using a "print to PDF" printer. Both "Microsoft Print to PDF" which comes with Windows 10 and "CutePDF Writer" work well. This PDF file can then be manipulated with on-line tools to crop and remove whitespace and to convert to ps or eps. This site works well for cropping: https://pdfresizer.com/crop

Tim
Joan Guarro Flo

Re: PlotSpectra V1.0.2.1

Post by Joan Guarro Flo »

Good job, Many Thanks Tim !

Joan.
Francois Teyssier

Post by Francois Teyssier »

Hi Tim,

I suggest a normalisation tool of the continuum
It should interesting for the comparison of the spectra and also, especially with the "multi regions plot" in order to compare the profiles of different lines

A very efficient tool indeed
I used it for the presentation about symbiotics

Many thanks, again

François
Tim Lester

Post by Tim Lester »

Thanks François.

I have actually been thinking about how to implement a continuum normalization function. Robin has also asked about the same capability.
I envisage normalizing to a curved line that can be anchored to selected regions and whose "stiffness" can be manipulated.
It will probably have to wait until the new year though.

Tim