PlotSpectra 1.4.3 available

Design, construction, tuning of spectroscopes
Information and discussion about softwares (telescope remote, autoguiding, acquisition, spectral processing ...)
Tim Lester

PlotSpectra 1.4.3 available

Post by Tim Lester »

A new version of PlotSpectra is available at: https://1drv.ms/f/s!AvXqhKI5kEGRjEhdaQ6jaj8AHx_L

- a few minor bug fixes.
- there is now a 32 Bit version that should install correctly on 32 Bit Systems (I have no 32 Bit system to check this on - let me know if there are problems).
- the auto generated title for the velocity plot now includes the wavelength when you pick a specific line.

Etienne asked about adding lines in the UV to the default list.
It is very easy. Go to Settings under the File menu. At the bottom of the settings dialog there is a button for Edit default spectral lines which takes you to the default file "Spectral_Lines.csv"

Open this file with a text editor (or excel) and add your line entries. The next time PlotSpectra is run it will use the new list.
The list does not need to be sorted by wavelength, plotSpectra will do this automatically.
There was a bug (now fixed) that caused the first entry to be dropped.

Re-installing a new version of PlotSpectra will NOT overwrite your changes. To get back to the installed list use the "reset to installed" button on the settings dialog.

Tim
Joan Guarro Flo

Re: PlotSpectra 1.4.3 available

Post by Joan Guarro Flo »

Hello Tim,

Thank you for your work. The PlotSpectra works perfectly in 32 bits.

I promise to make it work usually is a great tool.

Friendly, Joan.
Paul Luckas

Post by Paul Luckas »

Thanks Tim, this just keeps getting better and better. A simple and effective tool -thanks !

Paul
JP Nougayrede

Post by JP Nougayrede »

Thanks for this great program Tim.
It works well on my Win 7 64 bit. For your info, I could not install it on an old Win XP 32 bit system, I guess because .NET 4.5 won't work on this kind of dinosaur PC. Also still trying to have it work on a Linux system.
Thanks again !
Jp
Olivier GARDE

Post by Olivier GARDE »

Tim,

I would like to use your software to measure velocity of H alpha absorption line in Sn 2017 eaw spectra.
I have find how to show the measure window but after, I don't know how to mesure the right region of the spectrum

In this case, I want to know the value of the deep blue shift H alpha line.

Many thanks in advance...
LHIRES III #5, LISA, e-Shel, C14, RC400 Astrosib, AP1600
http://o.garde.free.fr/astro/Spectro1/Bienvenue.html
Francois Teyssier

Post by Francois Teyssier »

Olivier,

Avec la souris' tu choisis la zone de calcul du continuum à gauche de la raie. Clic droit tu maintiens appuyé en déplaçant la souris. Lorsque la zone te convient tu cliques 'Add selected range'
Même opération à droite de la raie.
La droite représentant le continuum apparaît. La touche calculate devient active
Tu peux modifier le choix en remettant une zone en surbrillance et annuler avec 'Delete ....'
Puis tu choisis de la même façon la zone d'intégration
Et tu cliques sur 'Caculate'

François
Tim Lester

Post by Tim Lester »

Sorry for the delay in reply. On holiday and offline.

Here is a little screen animation that shows the measure operation. The calculate button is not made active until the continuum is defined. Use the left mouse button and click/drag to select regions.
demo.gif
demo.gif (324.75 KiB) Viewed 5891 times
Tim