can not use ISIS's FILE mode,need help

Design, construction, tuning of spectroscopes
Information and discussion about softwares (telescope remote, autoguiding, acquisition, spectral processing ...)
Firefly

can not use ISIS's FILE mode,need help

Post by Firefly »

Hi all,

I'd like to get your kind help about the FILE mode.

My PC is WINDOWS XP SP1,Chinese version, but ISIS always fails when running FILE mode. I check carefully each step, the only one I am not sure is G1200.lst. I know that both lst and txt are notepad formats, but when I produce such a file, the extension is always .txt in my computor, not ".lst". I HAVE TO rename it. But PC warns me "if you rename the file, it may not be run". YES/NO. I choose YES. After that, ISIS can not work under FILE mode. I change to another computor, as same XP system as this PC, still fail.

I notice that "COSME" is lst format, then I duplicate it, then rename, still fail~~ BTW, in Tab---Master, PC can produce "COSME.LST" automatically, not "COSME.TXT"

I also notice that when run "save as", there is a selection----ENCODE, which code is the correct one for notepad format for ISIS? Does this selection affect ISIS?

Predefined mode can work well.

Please see the attachments. I make a file G1200 in the working directory, but when GO, always pops up error. What is wrong?

n-1=order. For grating 1200, order=3, then n=4. I have 5 neon lines in the FOV, if this is wrong?

Please help me~~

Dong
Attachments
screenshot.jpg
screenshot.jpg (125.34 KiB) Viewed 4082 times
err-3.jpg
err-3.jpg (121.55 KiB) Viewed 4082 times
err-2.jpg
err-1.jpg
James Foster

Re: can not use ISIS's FILE mode,need help

Post by James Foster »

To: DongLi,

Did you check-out Christian's tutorial?"
http://www.astrosurf.com/buil/isis/guid ... to1_en.htm

Unfortunately, the program must have your data in the format shown; i.e. HD452-1 and not HD452-001. I use a freeware program,
Bulk Rename Utility, to rename all my MaximDL generated .fits file images before attempting to process in Isis. Took me a 1/2 year to learn Isis enough to be
comfortable, but its well worth it and has no other competition in terms of sophistication and versatility, unless you want to go down the "pro-path" and
learn IRAF....I'm not a Ph.D graduate astrophysics student, but if you are good luck! (I still use the older Isis 5.93, let me know if you want a copy).

Isis is best suited to processing Ha spectrum without resorting to "filemode." If you need to use filemode, make sure your CCD pixel size per micron is correct
with your given binning size, under general tab, pixel size. Also, make sure your spectra are not over saturated; I usually limit the ADU count to a max of <30K,
flats are usually btw 50-58K Adu. Good luck!

James
James Foster
eShel2-Zwo ASI6200MM Pro
Lhires III (2400/1800/600 ln/mm Grat) Spectroscope
LISA IR/Visual Spectroscope (IR Configured)
Alpy 200/600 with Guide/Calibration modules and Photometric slit
Star Analyzer 200
David Boyd

Post by David Boyd »

Another simple way of renaming a set of spectral images with suffix -001, -002, etc is to use the following two line PowerShell script in Windows:

Dir | Rename-Item –NewName { $_.name –replace “-0“,”-” }
Dir | Rename-Item –NewName { $_.name –replace “-0“,”-” }

Put these lines in a file of type .PS1 and put a copy of this file in the directory containing the spectral images. Then right-click on the .PS1 file and select the option "Run with PowerShell". Your files will be renamed with suffix -1, -2, etc is a couple of seconds.

David
Robin Leadbeater

Post by Robin Leadbeater »

ISIS can also renumber, removing leading zeros (MISC, MaximDL->ISIS)

Robin
LHIRES III #29 ATIK314 ALPY 600/200 ATIK428 Star Analyser 100/200 C11 EQ6
http://www.threehillsobservatory.co.uk
Thierry Barbier

Post by Thierry Barbier »

You can also use Xnview for renumber (for me very easy) !
Chose date to conserve the same order !

Thierry