new problems happen in 5.0.3

Design, construction, tuning of spectroscopes
Information and discussion about softwares (telescope remote, autoguiding, acquisition, spectral processing ...)
Firefly

new problems happen in 5.0.3

Post by Firefly »

Mr. Buil,

1]. "wavelength registration" Shall I check it at the beginning of treatment? Or after one treatment, check it then click Go again?

2]. click "Compare" button, then "..." button, there is no any database displaying out. So I can never see if water lines overlap well. PC only displays my working directory.

3]. ther are many kinds of databases, such as OHP,UVES,Pickles,etc.. Could you tell me which database shall be selected for which kind of object or situation? For a certain object, which database is the best for the final spectral treatment, if there is a type of principle for selecting the best one?

4]. please see the picture. I want to compare @pro1 and @pro12, but it failed. I guess if this has something strange to the button"Compare" in ISIS software, just like in problem 2. Before doing so, I have already checked wavelength registration and clicked GO. Is this the reason?

5]. I read the advanced tutorial and find that in button "Continuum" , the effect of auto1 is suggested and better than auto2. But in 5.0.3's tutorail, you suggest use auto2. I am so confused about this.

Regards,

Dong .Li
Attachments
t4.JPG
t1.JPG
t1.JPG (86.16 KiB) Viewed 2337 times