https://www.newport.com/p/6035

Faut rajouter l'allié haute tension qui va avec
LHIRES III #5, LISA, e-Shel, C14, RC400 Astrosib, AP1600
http://o.garde.free.fr/astro/Spectro1/Bienvenue.html
Dubreuil Pierre

Re: UVEX3 N2

Post by Dubreuil Pierre »

Stephane Charbonnel wrote:Bonsoir,
Pour ma part, j'ai trouvé que les lampes fluo-compact de la marque DIALL offrent un magnifique spectre argon dans l'IR. Celui des lampes fluo Ostam est présent, mais bien moins intense, et moins intéressent. Comme j'ai dit dans un fil récent, ces lampes ont vocations à disparaitre, faire des stock).
Vous conseillez quelle puissance : 26W, ça ne crame pas tout ou faut il choisir moindre ?

Stéphane

Salut Stephane
je pense que la plus puissante est préférable, perso je projete sur une surface comme pour les PLU.

Il y a encore des des grande surfaces à Nice qui proposent des lampes Fluo-compact .
P_20190311_170353_1.jpg
Pierre
Christian Buil

Post by Christian Buil »

J'ai repérer ces produits Philips aussi dans un centre Leclerc sur Toulouse (Saint-Orens) - on fait de la pub, mais c'est bien que l'on en trouve encore.

J'ai testé ces lampes fluo Philips, en particulier le modèle WARM WHITE 23W (110W). Celui-ci est intéressent car il montre la raie du mercure à 3341 A (faiblement, mais elle est là). En revanche les modèles COLD DAYLIGHT ne montrent pas cette raie (ou très très faiblement), je ne recommande pas (en plus vraiment éblouissante).

Donc, préférez le modèle warm white si vous avez le choix. Pour la puissance, vous pouvez bien sur choisir moins que 23W (je suppose que la raie 3341 A demeure visible).

Christian
Stephane Charbonnel

Post by Stephane Charbonnel »

Bonsoir,

J'ai pris ça chez Amazon : https://www.amazon.fr/gp/product/B007YD6KVE
6500 K donc je pense pas mal.
J'ai pris la version 110W (équivalent) mais à la réception 2700K ... dommage (et remboursement)

Stephane
James Foster

Post by James Foster »

I wonder if this is the 120-Volt equivalent bulb....hope there is some Hg in there to see the faint 3341A mercury line:
https://www.amazon.com/Philips-417097-E ... V4AZNPD6MS

James
James Foster
eShel2-Zwo ASI6200MM Pro
Lhires III (2400/1800/600 ln/mm Grat) Spectroscope
LISA IR/Visual Spectroscope (IR Configured)
Alpy 200/600 with Guide/Calibration modules and Photometric slit
Star Analyzer 200
James Foster

Post by James Foster »

Not a question, but for anyone considering this UVEX3 spectrograph's ThorLabs components, the total (without tax/ shipping) comes to $685.60 US. (300 & 1200 l/mm gratings)

When you cost the CCD/CMOS camera, guide camera, and other components (like metric taps, screws, Kapton tape, etc), the cost(s) gets closer to $2.5-3K US.

This is also without the cost of the 3D printed components, so please be sure you have the technical skills/courage and funds before embarking on this project.

James
Last edited by James Foster on Wed Jun 26, 2019 4:02 am, edited 3 times in total.
James Foster
eShel2-Zwo ASI6200MM Pro
Star Analyzer 200
Christian Buil

Post by Christian Buil »

A comment about the FMP1 mounts. The reference (FMP1/M) is for European screw (metric). For US screw the reference is (FMP1).

James, the low energy lamp given contain Hg lines (the 3341 A is always very faint because lamp glass absorption). I recommend a 25-40W model. The 100 W is too intense in general.

Christian
James Foster

Post by James Foster »

RE:"James, the low energy lamp given contain Hg lines (the 3341 A is always very faint because lamp glass absorption). I recommend a 25-40W model. The 100 W is too intense in general."

Thanks Christian! I'll order the lower brightness 25W model.

RE:"The reference (FMP1/M) is for European screw (metric). For US screw the reference is (FMP1)."

I understand its metric. I just didn't want to vary the design parameters of the printed UVEX3 too much. Can we substitute Imperial standards to the metric bolts/screws used in the original 3D printed UVEX3? Should we used the equivalent imperial standards that are barely smaller than the metric? Do they have to have the same or finer
pitch threads? (I'll stick with the metric if this is too hard to quantify accurately with the given STL plans).

James

p.s. 1st quote I got for 3D print for this project is just over $2100 US (UV01-UV13 parts)....the material they quoted is this:"Grey carbon filled nylon" Doesn't sound like Pet-G with carbon fiber 20% filled; see: https://hollywood3dprinting.com/cp/view ... f5ba71b186
James Foster
eShel2-Zwo ASI6200MM Pro
Star Analyzer 200
James Foster

Post by James Foster »

Instead of paying over $2.1K US dollars for a company to do this, I think I'll buy this relatively "cheap" (<$300) 3D printer than seems to be able to handle
the size of the UVEX3 and the filament type (PETG carbon fiber):

https://www.monoprice.com/product?p_id= ... gJm6vD_BwE

Here is the filament type I think I'll buy for it:
https://www.amazon.com/Filament-Mixture ... ay&sr=8-15

I wonder if I should buy 2 filament rolls (0.8Kg each)?

Comments welcome.

James
James Foster
eShel2-Zwo ASI6200MM Pro
Star Analyzer 200
Tom Love

Post by Tom Love »

James, for what it's worth I'm trying a different material: PA12 nylon with a laser sintering printing method from a commercial 3D printing house. Partly just on the grounds that experimentation is good. This is more expensive than PETG on a consumer level machine, but less than the price you quote above, which seems very high. I've been quoted about NZ$1300, so US$900 (which includes 3 grating holder units, for future proofing). Both the 3D printed components and the Thorlab optical parts should arrive shortly, so I hope to be collimating the instrument in a week or so.

Nylon 12 should have good properties in terms of physical stability and robustness. I will have to test its IR opacity when I receive the parts, but the information I have so far been able to glean from the internet is encouraging on that score, certainly when compared to other nylon types. Apparently the laser sintering process means no layers of the kind you get with deposition methods, and a smooth, finely textured surface finish that will take paint (so if it's too IR transparent I could perhaps use a metal paint or something of the sort to increase the opacity).

I'm expecting the total cost with one grating, given that I already have Alpy guider and calibration units, to be roughly NZ$2000, or US$1400, plus screws and bolts. I think this is pretty good for the additional capability it gives over the existing equipment, and is about half the original total cost of a full Alpy system plus a spox, most of which I will be re-using with the UVEX.
-------------------------------------------------
Martinborough, New Zealand. Alpy, Lhires RC12