Processing spectra for 2 different instruments in ISIS

Design, construction, tuning of spectroscopes
Information and discussion about softwares (telescope remote, autoguiding, acquisition, spectral processing ...)
Keith Graham

Processing spectra for 2 different instruments in ISIS

Post by Keith Graham »

Hi,

I now have both the Alpy and the Lhires instruments and they are mounted on 2 separate scopes. I am finding that I need to change many settings in ISIS when processing the images from these 2 instruments taken on the same night. The Output settings on the General page need to be changed, and it appears that the drop down list indicates there should be a way to easily select the appropriate instruments, but I do not see how thisis done. Can someone point me in the right direction?

Also, I thought I would try re-labeling the ISIS names toe IsisAlpy and IsisLhires so I can have one setup for each instrument set. This worked fine until I selected the file series in the image tab and clicked Next. I clicked the first image in a set of 4 images and click Next, I get the message that the image xxxx-11 is not found. For example, if I have four images NovDel-1, NovDel-2, NovDel-3, NovDel-4 I select NovDel-1 and click next. I get the message the Novadel-11 is not found. If I use the correct ISIS name, this does not happen. Is there a way around this issue?

Since I am now using 2 instruments, it would be convenient if there was a easy way to switch between these 2 instruments in ISIS and have the settings for each instrument be automatically entered into the appropriate boxes.

Thanks,

Keith Graham
Keith Graham

Re: Processing spectra for 2 different instruments in ISIS

Post by Keith Graham »

Hi Again,

Found the problem. I neglected to put in the prefixes and suffixes in the general tab. I now have 2 Isis programs set up - ISISAlpy and ISIS Lhires. Each one has the specifications for the particular system. This makes it very convenient for processing spectra produced from each system.

Cheers,

Keith
Francois Teyssier

Post by Francois Teyssier »

Keith Graham wrote:
Since I am now using 2 instruments, it would be convenient if there was a easy way to switch between these 2 instruments in ISIS and have the settings for each instrument be automatically entered into the appropriate boxes.
Excellent idea !
Christian Buil

Post by Christian Buil »

It is a problem for me also !
I have 6 to 7 active differents spectrograph and setup configuration in my "obervatory" (eShel, 2 Alpy, 2 LISA (IR, VIS), 2 Lhires III (low, high résolution) + C11, C9.25, CN212, ...) ;)

A good idea, but not very easy to implément.

For the moment, the best solution is to load old .xml files (associated to the desired actual setup). I often use this ability.

Christian