Spectroscopy Newbie from Germany :-)

New on the forum? Please, introduce yourself
Présentation des nouveaux inscrits sur le Forum
Holger Rendelmann

Spectroscopy Newbie from Germany :-)

Post by Holger Rendelmann »

Dear forum members,

please let me introduce myself to you. My name is Holger Rendelmann and I'm 60 years old. I was born in Hannover, Lower Saxonie, Germany. I’m married and I have three children’s.
I'm interested in Astronomy since 1972. In the last three years, my interest on spectroscopy become ever larger.
Than I have owned an ALPY and was infected ;-) I started to get interested in variable stars and there special spectra.
But it requires more dispersion and the next step was a spectrograph with higher resolution. I saw the L200 by Ken Harrison, built under Licence from JTW Astronomy in Netherlands and ordered one.
My actual equipment is housed in a shed with roll off roof in my backyard in a small village near Peine. SQM-L says mag 6.1 in good nights.
Main optic is a Meade SC 14", sitting on an old fashion ALT7 AD mount, driven by a Pulsar2. My science cams are ST10XME on L200 and ST2000XE on ALPY.
Other optics: 5" FH with PST or Herschelkeil, 4" FH (Unitron), 80mm APO, 60mm FH (Unitron). Gratings L200: 300/600/1200/1800

I look forward to the cooperation in this forum :-)

kind regards

Holger
Ken Harrison

Re: Spectroscopy Newbie from Germany :-)

Post by Ken Harrison »

Holger,
Welcome!
You have a good selection of equipment available and should be able to enjoy the pain and satisfaction of slit spectroscopy.....
I'm sure we can answer any questions you may have....
Enjoy!
"Astronomical Spectroscopy - The Final Frontier" - to boldly go where few amateurs have gone before....
"Imaging Sunlight - Using a digital Spectroheliograph" - Springer
http://www.astronomicalspectroscopy.com
Francois Teyssier

Re: Spectroscopy Newbie from Germany :-)

Post by Francois Teyssier »

You're welcome on the forum Holger,
Waiting for your first results
Be careful, Spectroscopy is a terrible virus !
All the best,
François