Juan José Pueyo

New on the forum? Please, introduce yourself
Présentation des nouveaux inscrits sur le Forum
Juan Jose Pueyo

Juan José Pueyo

Post by Juan Jose Pueyo »

Hi,
I just joined the forum. I have been a member of Aster (BCN) for 7 years. I have dedicated myself to astrophotography for the last 5 years and to spectroscopy using an Alpy600 for 3 years.
I have obtained spectra of various objects (different types of stars, nebulae, comets, some galaxy measuring it redshift) but not with a specific purpose. I am currently trying to install a SA200 on my CCD's filter wheel. The idea is to have a system that allows to quickly obtain a spectrum (for example of supernovae) when I do not have the Alpy connected to the telescope. I am also assembling a small échelle following the scheme posted on the web by Christian Buil. With the échelle I can already obtain spectra (from different lamps through fiber), although the optics still have to be fine-tuned to achieve optimal focus. I have calculated that it should have a resolution of about R 5000. But until I have a telescope-fiber optic interface, I won't be able to use it on astro.
My observation site is south of the Pyrenees (42º 4 ’10” N 0º 1 ’50” W).
Greetings to all.
Juan Jose Pueyo
Juan José Pueyo
Azara Obs.
Azara (Huesca)
Christian Buil

Re: Juan José Pueyo

Post by Christian Buil »

Very welcome Juan !

Christian B
Robin Leadbeater

Post by Robin Leadbeater »

Juan Jose Pueyo wrote:Hi,
I am currently trying to install a SA200 on my CCD's filter wheel. The idea is to have a system that allows to quickly obtain a spectrum (for example of supernovae) when I do not have the Alpy connected to the telescope.
Welcome Juan !

I am always interested to hear what people are doing with the Star Analyser. Supernovae were some of my favourite targets when I first developed it and more recently I have been using a modified ALPY running at lower resolution to classify supernovae officially.

Cheers
Robin
LHIRES III #29 ATIK314 ALPY 600/200 ATIK428 Star Analyser 100/200 C11 EQ6
http://www.threehillsobservatory.co.uk
Antonio Garrigos

Post by Antonio Garrigos »

Hello Juan José, it is interesting to see the operation of SA200, I was looking at the right one for my configuration and they advised me the SA100. The idea is the same, to have a quick tool to make low resolution spectra of S.N. I spend a few nights capturing images of galaxies in their search (about 20,000 images I have made) I have touched on a discovery. I always think that confirming the type of S.N. in low resolution spectra can be a great tool for those that are weak. I've seen quick confirmations with the SA100 up to mag 17 and it's a boon for amateur discoverers.
I have been doing spectra with LHIRES III sporadically for about 13 years, although I have not mastered the processing, I try to learn. I think that you will find the best here worldwide, my observatory is in L 'Ametlla del Vallès, we are almost neighbors.
Un saludo.

Hola Juan José, es interesante ver el funcionamiento de SA200, estuve mirando el adecuado para mi configuración y me aconsejaban el SA100. La idea es la misma, tener una herramienta rápida para hacer espectros de baja resolución de S.N. Dedico algunas noches a captar imágenes de galaxias en su búsqueda ( unas 20.000 imágenes llevo hechas) he rozado algún descubrimiento. Siempre pienso que confirmar el típo de S.N.en espectros de baja resolución puede ser una gran herramienta para aquellas que son débiles. He visto confirmaciones rápidas con el SA100 de hasta la mag 17 y es una gran ayuda para los descubridores aficionados.
Hace unos 13 años que hago espectros con LHIRES III esporádicamente, aunque no he llegado a dominar el procesado, intento aprender. Creo que a nivel mundial aquí encontrará lo mejor, mi observatorio está en L' Ametlla del Vallès, somos casi vecinos.
Un saludo.
Juan Jose Pueyo

Post by Juan Jose Pueyo »

Hello Antonio
I'm still not very used to the forum and still don't see it much.
I am a member of ASTER but I have the observatory in the province of Huesca. What I am using is an Alpy600 with which, in addition to obtaining spectra of the objects I like, I have been in a project in collaboration with the Garraf observatory for a few months. I have placed the SA200 on the filter wheel. But I am seeing if it is possible to put a filter box in front of the filter wheel. That way I could position the SA200 further from the sensor and dedicate the filter wheel to normal filters. I'll see if I get it.
Regards. Juan Jose

Hola Antonio,
Todavía no estoy muy acostumbrado al foro y lo miro poco todavía.
Soy socio de ASTER pero tengo el observatorio en la provincia de Huesca. Yo lo que estoy usando es un Alpy600 con el que, aparte de obtener espectros de los objetos que me gustan, estoy desde hace unos meses en un proyecto en colaboración con el observatorio de Garraf. He colocado el SA200 en la rueda de filtros. Pero estoy viendo si es posible colocar por delante de la rueda de filtros un filterbox. De ese modo podría colocar el SA200 a mayor distancia del sensor y dedicar la rueda de filtros a los filtros normales. Veré si lo consigo.
Saludos. Juan José
Juan José Pueyo
Azara Obs.
Azara (Huesca)