Cosmic ray removal

Kevin Gurney

Cosmic ray removal

Post by Kevin Gurney »

I have been experimenting (again) with Demetra and have been trying to incorporate a cosmic ray removal routine.
I have wrapped the 'industry standard' Laplacian edge detection-based algorithm (LAcosmic) in a way suitable for use with Demtra. It works on the preprocessed files named _Object_P.
I (hope!) I have successfully uploaded a zip file with python code, example .bat file, and pdf report.
Put the python somewhere in your file system, edit the the .bat file to point to your code, and put the .bat file in the current working directory containing the Demetra intermediat files

Kevin
Attachments
Remove_cosmic_rays.zip
zip file containing python code, example .bat file, and pdf report
(82.02 KiB) Downloaded 238 times
Peter Velez

Re: Cosmic ray removal

Post by Peter Velez »

Kevin

thanks for this work. It is just what I have been looking for. I've been trying to work out why my spectra processed with Demetra have odd spikes even after cleaning up hot pixels with both Demetra and PI. Cosmic rays are the obvious culprit.

For the non-computer literate (ie me) - can you be more specific about how to actually run the Python code please. I assume I need to set up a Python workspace and then run the .bat file.

Thanks

Pete