eoor installing upgrade SPcAudace

Erik Bryssinck

eoor installing upgrade SPcAudace

Post by Erik Bryssinck »

Hello,

I installed AudeLA on my laptop and at startup the program told me that there was an upgrade of SPcAudace available. I tried to install the kit but I keep getting an errormessage that is very unclear to me.
error_SPCAUDACE_Upgrade.JPG
error_SPCAUDACE_Upgrade.JPG (35.38 KiB) Viewed 9785 times
Any idea how to install the upgrade ? My laptop is an older type but runs the latest version of WIN10 and has 16GB of ram on board.

best reagards,
Erik
Erik Bryssinck
http://www.astronomie.be/erik.bryssinck/
LHiResIII + C11 + Trius SX814
Erik Bryssinck

Re: eoor installing upgrade SPcAudace

Post by Erik Bryssinck »

Hello,

problem is solved. I run Audela as 'administrator' then i get error as well, but ignored them and upgrade-installation was after that a succes.

best regards
Erik
Erik Bryssinck
http://www.astronomie.be/erik.bryssinck/
LHiResIII + C11 + Trius SX814
Stan Gorodenski

Post by Stan Gorodenski »

Running as Administrator did not work for me. Here is the error message I got and the Console message I got:
Error_Message2.jpg
Error_Message2.jpg (40.77 KiB) Viewed 8753 times
Console_Message2.jpg
Console_Message2.jpg (24.67 KiB) Viewed 8753 times
The problem seems to be a 'bad window path name.' My operating system is Windows 7 Professional 64-bit. Could this be the cause of not being able to update?
Stan Gorodenski

Post by Stan Gorodenski »

No one responded and so I assume it was because I was viewed as being a little dense or computer illiterate. There is some truth to that. Sometimes things do not go as slick as they sometimes do. Anyway, it turned out to be a faulty memory. For the past two days I have been cleaning up my two computers of files and folders and organizing things. I guess this is what got me into the right frame of mind. After getting done with working on my computers I needed to reinstall Audela on one of them. Before I could not update to version 5.0 of SpcAudace. As stated in my last message, I was getting a file read error. This time I ignored it and clicked on updating to ver 5.0, and then clicked on downloading the kit. It all seemed very natural and it occurred to me that I had done this years (and years?) ago. It worked with no problem this time.

I then went to the first computer where I couldn't install the update. I went through the same procedure again but this time it bombed out and it erased the SPCAudace choice in the Analyze menu. I uninstalled Audela, reinstalled it again, and this time it worked.
Stan