Aluminizado, Brillómetro

Design, construction, tuning of spectroscopes
Information and discussion about softwares (telescope remote, autoguiding, acquisition, spectral processing ...)
Antonio Garrigos

Aluminizado, Brillómetro

Post by Antonio Garrigos »

Hello, two weeks ago I disassembled the mirrors, at first glance the primary looked like dirty, of course looking from the mouth of the tube about 2.5 m. of the mirror. The surprise was to see it closely already disassembled, the aluminized is very damaged, in the area of the fasteners that is not exposed to light the aluminized looks perfect.
The secondary is almost perfect as the first day.

Now to wait to be re-aluminized again in another place.

The last aluminization of the primary was in 2008, the secondary was purchased in 1990 (Galaxy) and has not been re-aluminized. I have commissioned a brightness meter to see the percentage of reflectivity of the secondary in case it was necessary to aluninize it, I ask if you know if commercial meters are appropriate to see the% reflection of our mirrors.

Greetings.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/21945342@ ... ed-public/

https://www.flickr.com/photos/21945342@ ... ed-public/

Hola, dos semanas hace que desmonté los espejos, a simple vista el primario se veía como sucio, claro mirando desde la boca del tubo a unos 2,5 m del espejo. La sorpresa fue al verlo de cerca ya desmontado, el aluminizado está mu estropeado, en la zona de las sujeciones que no está expuesta a la luz el aluminizado se ve perfecto.
El secundario está casi perfecto como el primer día.

Ahora a esperar que lo vuelvan a aluminizar ya en otro lugar.

La última aluminización del primario fue en el 2008, el secundario se compró en 1990 (Galaxy) y no se ha vuelto a aluminizar. Me tiene que llegar un medidor de brillo para ver el porcentaje de reflectividad del secundario por si fuera necesario aluninizarlo, pregunto si sabéis si los medidores comerciales son apropiados para ver el % de reflexión de nuestros espejos.

Saludos.