which photo shall I input?

Design, construction, tuning of spectroscopes
Information and discussion about softwares (telescope remote, autoguiding, acquisition, spectral processing ...)
Firefly

which photo shall I input?

Post by Firefly »

For the Calibration, which one shall I input? I took 6 neon and 6 neonblack; then made NEON.FIT and NEONB.FIT.

neon-1? NEON? neonb-1? or NEONB?

Which one shall I fill into the Calibration blank?
Attachments
tu.JPG
tu.JPG (89.08 KiB) Viewed 3984 times
Thierry Lemoult

Re: which photo shall I input?

Post by Thierry Lemoult »

Hello

The best answer to all your question are here: http://www.astrosurf.com/buil/isis/isis_en.htm
If i'm correct, you use a LHIRES, should be this link for you: http://www.astrosurf.com/buil/isis/quic ... uto_fr.htm
That a french page. But i suppose use google translate should help you.

Thierry Lemoult
Firefly

Post by Firefly »

Hello, Thierry:
Thank you. I have already and step by step read that link, but they are different~~ :o In old version, Isis gives "neon" & "neon dark", usually I fill neon-1 and neon_dark-1. Now the new version ONLY displays [Calibration], so I confuse what I should fill in?

I think that I need your help still....

Dong . Li (李冬)
Attachments
未命名.JPG
未命名.JPG (25.39 KiB) Viewed 3962 times
Thierry Lemoult

Post by Thierry Lemoult »

Hello 李冬

in the calibration field put the file name of a single neon exposure taken just before the spectrum exposure. Due to mechanical flexure, If your spectrum acquisition is more longer than 10 minutes, it's better to use instead two neons: one taken before spectrum and one taken after spectrum. Indicate the file name of the sum of the two in the field calibration.

For the dark, ISIS now use the same dark file for the spectrum and the neon. ISIS apply automatically a factor to correct the difference in time exposure. So just indicate the file name of your master dark frame in the field "dark".

Today, i stay in 广州 for business. I hope meet you, but i see that is far away from 北京

Regards

Thierry